Before you Wax:
1. Hair Length
You need some hair growth for the wax to hold on to, we recommend 1/4 inch, that is about 2-3 weeks of growing it after shaving.
2. Particularly for women
Your skin is the most sensitive the time near your period, and waxing can be more painful than normal. So your appointment should not be any closer than a couple of days before or after your period.
While the skin on the face is generally exfoliated enough in terms of waxing, the body needs a little help. A somewhat gritty body scrub will help rid dead cells around skin pores and hair follicles, providing an easy exit.
Shower and lightly exfoliate your entire bikini area the day before your appointment using warm, not hot water. Make sure you are extra clean.
4. Pain prevention
Take an ibuprofen or advil 30 - 45 min before your appointment if you are worried about pain. Also don't forget numbing cream 10 min before your waxing
(yes, it is complimentary just come in 10 min early).
5. Reduce acidity
Smoking and regular caffeine and alcohol consumption creates a lot of acid in the body's system. You might benefit from taking something like Tums 20 min before your treatment to reduce acidity and therefore reduce skin's sensitivity.
Don't drink a lot of caffeine or alcohol. While having a couple of glasses of wine or beer before getting waxed sounds like a great idea, stimulants in the system can cause skin to be extra sensitive to waxing.
Give yourself a couple of hours after drinking coffee or alcohol before getting waxed. Instead drink a lot of water to hydrate your body and skin.
6.Dont think waxing a home will be easy
It is hard to do on yourself, and will really hurt if you don't know what you are doing.
Because of hair growth different cycles, sometimes the very first wax may already grow some stubble after a couple of days. Its not the waxed hair already growing,
but its another cycle that was still in the skin during waxing.
While its usually only small amount of hair, foro more smooth results wax twice before an event or vacation, because the second cycle are more even and less regrowth.
After you wax:
In the first 24-48 hours you may experience some sensitivity like redness or
irritation in the area that was treated. These are normal and usually there is less reaction the longer you wax.
Here are some tips to follow during the first 48 hours after waxing.
1. Do not use any exfoliating products, especially ones containing acids, since
they might further irritate your skin.
2. Showers are better than bathes.
Use only lukewarm water not hot water.
3. No Saunas, no steam rooms, whirlpools or other heated sources.
4. Do not expose treated area to ultra-violet rays indoor or outdoor.
For your own protection always wear sunscreen.
5. Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours.
6. To avoid in grown hairs don't wear tight clothes for the next couple days.
7. Resist touching freshly waxed skin, especially on the face, as may encourage irritation and wome breakouts.
8. Sexual activity should be avoided for at least 24 to 48 hours.
9. To avoid in grown hair exfoliate waxed area (starting after 48 hours since treatment) twice -three times a week to get rid if the dead skin layer, so your
hair can grow above skin surface.
Also applying ingrown hair solution like PFB vanish will help maintain
10. Makeup, if faced is waxed.
11. Deodorant with aluminum.
12. Salt Glow or stimulating body or facial treatments.